Seafood: Keeping It Healthy & Safe
What’s the deal? Is seafood good or bad for you?
Some people say you should eat seafood because they’re packed with nutrients. Others say you should avoid them like the plague because they’re loaded with harmful contaminants—such as methylmercury—and have unhealthy levels of cholesterol.
Studies don’t really help either. The results are, in most cases, just as confusing as people’s opinions on the subject.
So, what do you do? Do you:
- just avoid all your favorite seafood dishes altogether
- ignore the supposed dangers of seafood and just keep eating them
- find and settle for supposedly safer types of seafood
- find medicine to counteract the supposed harmful effects of seafood consumption
- eat any type of seafood you want but in moderation
Who knew consuming such a common food type would be so complicated, right?
The good news is it doesn’t have to be. There are a couple of basic rules you can follow to make enjoying your beloved seafood dishes much healthier and safer—and we’re here to guide you every step of the way.
Log in now to access the full article and learn more!